Workforces across Australia all require some form of manual handling. Depending on the job, the frequency, intensity and risks will differ. Unfortunately, the risks associated with incorrect manual handling are often overlooked due to dull, uninformative and unengaging training.
Did you know:
- One in three injuries to Australian workers are caused by manual handling.
- Changing workplace design is an effective way to prevent manual handling injuries.
- Some organisations can offer information and advice on modifying the workplace or work practices.
What is the SafeMoves Manual Handling Program?
Designed for both large and small employers, our SafeMoves program aims to tackle this with a unique and contextual approach, built from in-depth consultation specifically targeted to gain insight into working behavioural psychology.
SafeMoves encourages organisations to largely become self-sufficient in the ongoing training and implementation of the program, making it a sound investment.
The program is based on the most up to date evidence and the Code of Practice for Managing Hazardous Manual Tasks.
We even go above and beyond to ensure your colleagues are engaged, by customising educational programs with different themes, colours, videos or characters.
The SafeMoves Process
- Identify training clusters
- Customise training to clusters (including JSA, SMWS photos and videos)
- Deliver training
- Monitoring via Move Mentors and Move Masters
- Evaluation (Lead + Lag)
Benefits for Your Business
- A positive impact on:
- musculoskeletal symptoms
- reducing injuries and workers compensation claims
- reduction in lost days from work or sickness absence
- Meets WHS consultation requirements and improves communication
- Improved safety culture
- Improved productivity
- Reinforces procedures
- Supportive and open to safety suggestions
We successfully implemented SafeMoves in a key client’s workplace, and with hard work and dedication, we achieved some amazing results!
- 50% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 32% better 2016 v 2015 in Lost Time Injuries (LTI’s)
- 75% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 53% better 2016 v 2015 in Days Lost – totally unfit
Our consultants love to have a chat, so go ahead and give us a call on 1300 OHS RTW (647 789) or email email@example.com
Disclaimer – these articles are provided to supply general safety information to people responsible for OHS in their organisation. They are general in nature and do not substitute for legal and/or professional advice. We always suggest that organisations obtain information specific to their needs. Additional information can be found at www.workcover.nsw.au
COVID-19 death now deemed compensable: How to protect your workplace1 September 2021
The 3 proven success factors for workplace wellbeing30 August 2021
What is a Work Health and Safety Management System?25 August 2021
Why choose a career in Occupational Rehab?20 August 2021
One month magic: A quick turn around for an injured worker