Workforces across Australia all require some form of manual handling. Depending on the job, the frequency, intensity and risks will differ. Unfortunately, the risks associated with incorrect manual handling are often overlooked due to dull, uninformative and unengaging training.
Did you know:
- One in three injuries to Australian workers are caused by manual handling.
- Changing workplace design is an effective way to prevent manual handling injuries.
- Some organisations can offer information and advice on modifying the workplace or work practices.
What is the SafeMoves Manual Handling Program?
Designed for both large and small employers, our SafeMoves program aims to tackle this with a unique and contextual approach, built from in-depth consultation specifically targeted to gain insight into working behavioural psychology.
SafeMoves encourages organisations to largely become self-sufficient in the ongoing training and implementation of the program, making it a sound investment.
The program is based on the most up to date evidence and the Code of Practice for Managing Hazardous Manual Tasks.
We even go above and beyond to ensure your colleagues are engaged, by customising educational programs with different themes, colours, videos or characters.
The SafeMoves Process
- Identify training clusters
- Customise training to clusters (including JSA, SMWS photos and videos)
- Deliver training
- Monitoring via Move Mentors and Move Masters
- Evaluation (Lead + Lag)
Benefits for Your Business
- A positive impact on:
- musculoskeletal symptoms
- reducing injuries and workers compensation claims
- reduction in lost days from work or sickness absence
- Meets WHS consultation requirements and improves communication
- Improved safety culture
- Improved productivity
- Reinforces procedures
- Supportive and open to safety suggestions
We successfully implemented SafeMoves in a key client’s workplace, and with hard work and dedication, we achieved some amazing results!
- 50% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 32% better 2016 v 2015 in Lost Time Injuries (LTI’s)
- 75% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 53% better 2016 v 2015 in Days Lost – totally unfit
Our consultants love to have a chat, so go ahead and give us a call on 1300 OHS RTW (647 789) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer – these articles are provided to supply general safety information to people responsible for OHS in their organisation. They are general in nature and do not substitute for legal and/or professional advice. We always suggest that organisations obtain information specific to their needs. Additional information can be found at www.workcover.nsw.au
Signs and Symptoms of Burnout23 March 2021
Courier makes an efficient return to work after a fall off a verandah4 March 2021
What employers need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination for employees3 March 2021
Employed or Exploited? How Uber lawsuits are impacting Australian workers in the gig economy2 March 2021
Aged care workers experience grief too – 5 tips for challenging times