RECOVERY PARTNERS: THE REHAB EXPERTS
ADL Assessments (Activities of Daily Living) evaluate an individual’s level of independence and function in relation to personal care, leisure, and social activities. We use ADL Assessments to help reduce the impact of impairment caused by injury and illness, and to facilitate the earliest return to pre-disability functions.
Our Occupational Therapists will conduct these assessments within an individual’s residential environment. We seek to guide rehabilitation by managing inherent environmental challenges via modification, substitution, or elimination of performance requirements. By doing so we facilitate greater functionality for the individual improving their biopsychosocial health.
When is an ADL assessment needed?
- After an individual has suffered a significant injury or illness.
- If an individual is struggling to regain and/or maintain their independence.
- If there is a risk that an individual’s everyday activities may exacerbate their condition.
- To plan for an individual’s post-operative return to their residential environment.
What is an ADL assessment likely to involve?
- Identifying the person’s ability to perform daily functions such as personal care, household chores, maintenance and/or child care.
- Educating the person on safe and efficient ways to complete their activities independently.
- Promoting an increase in functional ability/tolerance by establishing a graded home activities program.
- Determining the need for equipment, therapeutic aids, and appliances to assist with task performance.
- Determining the need for permanent support and/or modifications.
What an ADL assessment produces?
- A clear illustration of an individual’s biopsychosocial status and functional limitations that are impeding their independence.
- A full assessment report completed within 5 working days of assessment providing practical recommendations regarding action plans required.
- Professional advocacy for support with equipment, modifications and services procurement following formal approval receipt.
From our blog
How RP’s Samantha helped this courier make an efficient return to work after a fall off a verandah When a courier took a fall of
Connect2Work creates opportunities to try something different, as Gemma found out when she couldn’t return to her old job as a factory line worker. *Gemma