RECOVERY PARTNERS: THE REHAB EXPERTS
Vocational Assessment - find your potential employment opportunities
Vocational Assessments analyse an individual’s capacity to perform physical and/or psychological tasks in tandem with their unique experience, training, and education to determine suitable job options. The assessment can range from a brief vocational screening through to detailed assessment and vocational counselling.
Our qualified Psychologists and Rehabilitation Counsellors perform these assessments as they are highly skilled in determining vocational potentials and suitable working environments. Our assessment includes:
• an analysis of the individual’s work history;
• suitable vocational options relevant to an obtainable labour market openings; and
• recommended strategies to achieve vocational goals.
The outcome of the assessment is a detailed labour market analysis that clearly outlines the vocational directions for an individual and provides them with the optimal chance of sustaining or returning to gainful employment. Any recommendations made in a an assessment aim to increase a person’s employment opportunities and should be considered for inclusion in the rehabilitation program, such as:
• consolidation of transferable skills;
• benefit of providing training to gain accreditation or required competencies;
• work trial options to promote work experience and on the job training; and
• information on the labour market and access to available support mechanisms (if relevant).
When is a Vocational Assessment needed?
- If an individual is unable to do their job due to their reported limitations
- If an individual’s condition restricts them from being able to sustain their existing employment
- If an individual is having difficulty in being able to find their next employment opportunity