Workforces across Australia all require some form of manual handling. Depending on the job, the frequency, intensity and risks will differ. Unfortunately, the risks associated with incorrect manual handling are often overlooked due to dull, uninformative and unengaging training.
Did you know:
- One in three injuries to Australian workers are caused by manual handling.
- Changing workplace design is an effective way to prevent manual handling injuries.
- There are organisations that can offer information and advice on modifying the workplace or work practices.
What is the SafeMoves Manual Handling Program?
Designed for both large and small employers, our SafeMoves program aims to tackle this with a unique and contextual approach, built from in-depth consultation specifically targeted towards gaining an insight into working behavioural psychology.
SafeMoves encourages organisations to largely become self-sufficient in the ongoing training and implementation of the program making it a sound investment.
The program is based on the most up to date evidence and the Code of Practice for Managing Hazardous Manual Tasks.
We even go above and beyond to ensure your colleagues are engaged, by customising educational programs with different themes, colours, videos or characters.
The SafeMoves Process:
- Identify training clusters
- Customise training to clusters (including JSA, SMWS photo’s and video’s)
- Deliver training
- Monitoring via Move Mentors and Move Masters
- Evaluation (Lead + Lag)
Benefits for Your Business:
- A positive impact on:
- musculoskeletal symptoms
- reducing injuries and workers compensation claims
- reduction in lost days from work or sickness absence
- Meets WHS consultation requirements and improves communication
- Improved safety culture
- Improved productivity
- Reinforces procedures
- Supportive and open to safety suggestions
We were able to successfully implement SafeMoves in a key clients workplace, and with hard work and dedication, we achieved some amazing results!
- 50% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 32% better 2016 v 2015 in Lost Time Injuries (LTI’s)
- 75% better at half year 2016 v 2014 and 53% better 2016 v 2015 in Days Lost – totally unfit
If you want to find out more about our SafeMoves Manual Handling training program click here.
Alternatively, contact us on 1300 OHS RTW or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our safety experts. We’d love to have a chat.
Disclaimer – these articles are provided to supply general safety information to people responsible for OHS in their organisation. They are general in nature and do not substitute for legal and/or professional advice. We always suggest that organisations obtain information specific to their needs. Additional information can be found at www.workcover.nsw.au
The costs of not having a Safety Management System18 June 2020
Top 3 OHS Templates for a safe work environment9 June 2020
Jess uses her skills to help others upskill to find new employment or return to pre-injury work duties.2 June 2020
Back on solid ground: a school groundskeeper’s return to work26 May 2020
Keep on truckin’: Worker gets back in the cab after eight months off because of workplace injuries