Contractor Management Training
Since “Harmonisation” was adopted by NSW a greater focus has been placed on the responsibilities of ‘business’ or PCBU. The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 adopt a broad definition of ‘worker’ that now includes contractors. A term also used by WHS Act 2011 is ‘caused to be engaged.’ You have always been responsible for the activities of a directly hired contractor to perform works at your premises. Now you are also responsible for the actions of a sub-contractor, hired by the principal contractor that you engaged, that you may have never even heard of!
Your safety system needs to be applied equally to contractors as your employees. This training session will show you how to manage this complex arrangement and close as many exposure gaps as possible.
Who should attend?
This course may be attended by managers and supervisors responsible for organising and overseeing contractual work as part of your businesses under takings. Inclusion of planners of any onsite works is recommended.
What will I learn?
Utilising adult learning principles, Recovery Partners can assist you to understand your responsibilities in managing contractors engaged as a result of your businesses undertakings. Our training covers topics such as:
- Outline work, health and safety (WH&S) legal obligations of PCBU’s, Officers, Workers and others under the new WHS Act 2011.
- Understand the importance of workplace health and safety consultation in relation to contractors
- Identify the types of documentation the organisation should be asking of contractors and review their own procedures objectively
- Apply a risk management approach in order to prioritise contractor activity risk
- Develop an appropriate induction
- Consider the requirements of Permits to Work
- Consider on-line platforms to assist in contractor management
- Recall case examples to apply to their own workplace
- Reporting incidents, injuries or noncompliances requirements
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of contractors in relation to health and safety.
Delivery of the course is based on adult learning principles to a maximum of 16 people per session. We encourage a high level of participation from all attendees. This is achieved via activities, case examples and discussion.
Each training session will be 2.5 hours in duration plus set-up and pack-down time.
Training – Facilities
Recovery Partners conduct the training on-site at your workplace. Participants will each be provided with a participant workbook.
On completion of all topics, successful participants are issued a certificate for the training course in Contractor Management.
$1,300.00 ex GST per session at your workplace. This includes a customised presentation that is owned and retained by the company for future use.