Officers Due Diligence
The WHS Act 2011 imposes a specific duty on officers of corporations and unincorporated bodies such as clubs and associations to exercise due diligence to ensure that the
corporation, club or association meets its work health and safety obligations. The duty requires officers to be proactive in ensuring that the corporation, club or association complies with its duty. As an officer you will need to show that you have taken reasonable steps to show your due diligence by:
- acquiring knowledge of health and safety issues
- understanding operations and associated hazards and risks
- ensuring that appropriate resources and processes are used to eliminate or minimise risks to health and safety
- implementing processes to receive and respond to information about incidents, hazards and risks
- establishing and maintain compliance processes accessing up to date safety information.
The purpose of this course is to provide information on key elements of the new WHS Act to persons conducting a business or undertaking and their officers, with particular emphasis on the positive duty to exercise Due Diligence.
Who should attend?
Anyone with management responsibilities but in particular senior managers and Board of Directors members.
What will I learn?
A WHS Lawyer will present on the following topics:
- How the new laws work
- How they differ fundamentally from the pre 2011 safety law
- What do terms like Due Diligence and reasonably practicable mean?
- Case studies.
A WHS Consultant will present on the following topics:
- What this will mean in practical terms to the management of safety throughout your business
- Highlights the key areas this will impact your business
- Issues to consider.
Delivery of the course is based on adult learning principles to a maximum of 16 people per session. We encourage a high level of participation from all attendees. This is achieved via activities, case examples and discussion. The course will be delivered by a WHS Lawyer and WHS Consultant.
Each training session will be 1.5 – 2 hours in duration (dependent upon questions form participants). This time does not include setup and pack down for the trainer(s).
Training – Facilities
Recovery Partners will conduct the training onsite. Participants will be provided with a copy of the presentation slides.
$1,500.00 ex GST per session
Do I receive a certificate?
All participants who successfully complete the training will be provided with a certificate outlining completion of Due Diligence.
Free gap analysis of your whs management system for all companies that have their due diligence training done by recovery partners.
- Due Diligence starts with a compliant safety management system
- Get a written report with recommendations
- Great snapshot of your compliance level.