Risk Management for Managers and Supervisors
At Recovery Partners we have worked with many organisations to build sound Work Health & Safety Management System. Our experience shows us that the most critical aspect of any system is the people who aim to implement it. Effective training of your frontline managers and supervisors should be a high priority to ensure that the desired workplace culture of safety awareness, knowledge and compliance to your WHS management system is pursued. This course provides managers and supervisor with an understanding of WHS principles and an understanding of techniques for implementing best WHS practices into your workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a management or supervisory position but the course is also very good for workers to understand the same principles and their own obligations.
What will I learn?
The Recovery Partners Risk Management for Managers and Supervisors package is a combined theoretical and practical session. You will be informed about the increasing regulatory responsibilities of “officers” under the “harmonised” WHS Act 2011 and develop skills in the practical application of risk identification, assessment and hazard control. On completion of this training participants should be able to:
- Outline work, health and safety (WH&S) legal obligations of PCBU’s, Officers, Workers and others under the new WHS Act 2011.
- Understand the importance of workplace health and safety consultation.
- Define a hazard and explain what risk means.
- Carry out an effective workplace inspection of the workplace.
- Use documentation to:
- effectively assess the hazards identified following the workplace inspection practical exercise, and
- determine how to eliminate or control the risk.
- Manage risks through the documentation of appropriate recommendations for elimination or control, to ensure the health and safety of all persons in the workplace.
- Develop a Safe Operating Procedure (SOP) from a workplace risk assessment.
Delivery of the course is based on adult learning principles to a maximum of 16 people per session. We encourage a high level of participation from all attendees. This is achieved via activities, case examples and discussion.
Each training session will be six hours in duration plus 30 minute lunch break, set-up and pack-down time.
Training – Facilities
Recovery Partners can conduct the training onsite at your workplace. See our website for publically run courses. Participants will each be provided with a participant workbook.
On completion of all topics, successful participants are issued a certificate for the training course in Risk Management for Managers and Supervisors.
$1,700.00 ex GST per session at your workplace
$395.00 ex GST per participant at public course.