Ian has extensive experience in the development, implementation, management and review of Health, Safety and Injury Management Programs across a range of organizations and industries with both a hands-on and strategic focus. This includes:
- Practical structured WHS management systems that enhanced safe working conditions, improved safety cultures and facilitated compliance with legislation and standards in public and private sector organizations.
- Procedures that enabled personnel to manage hazards, reduce risk and focused on zero harm.
- Assisting organizations to meet the requirements of ISO Standards and client tender specifications.
- Working as an Auditor assessing Multi System, (HSEQ) Management Systems against third party accreditation standards, including AS/NZS4801 and ISO: 9001, Self-Insured Standards, the Safer Industries Program and a variety of industry standards and client criteria.
- Development and implementation of emergency procedures, including fire prevention and response.
Ian has excellent interpersonal skills that enable him to work well with people from all organizational levels, including senior management, supervisors and operational staff and he has extensive experience in conducting training needs analysis, developing and delivering training programs.
He has a passion for health and safety management along with a proven track record of achievements and positive results through practical, structured and cost-effective management systems.
Ian’s formal qualifications include:
- Advanced Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Multi System Lead Auditors Certificate, (WHS, Environment and Quality)
- Food Safety Supervisors Certificate
- WorkCover Claims Management Certificate
- Rehabilitation Coordinators Certificate
- Fire Safety Advisor
- National Construction Safety Induction Card
Ian is a member of the National Safety Institute of Australia and the Volunteer Coastguard.
His personal interests include bushwalking, travel and recreational boating.