An experienced and highly motivated professional with a broad skill set in OHS/WHS across various industries, corporate health, exercise physiology, exercise prescription, ergonomics, functional assessments, process improvement, issue resolution, customer service and people management. He has strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with clientele, colleagues and management at all levels with a personal commitment to exceptional quality and consistency of service, high standards of integrity, attention to detail, high work ethic and is always aiming to assist in the attainment of management goals and objectives.
Through experience and quick learning ability, Luke has gained critical knowledge becoming highly proficient at developing and implementing various OHS/WHS projects and exercise programs for numerous clinical populations inclusive of individuals living with neurological, cardio-respiratory, metabolic and musculoskeletal conditions. His passion of musculoskeletal injury rehabilitation has resulted in him excelling in the injury rehabilitation, injury prevention, safety and Return to Work sectors. Working in these sectors he has developed a comprehensive understanding of the legislative requirements surrounding OHS/WHS and Workers Compensation. He has experienced firsthand the impact that workplace injuries can have on a business and their employees and as such, he values and understands the importance of a safe work place and of the return to work process. He has a stellar history of optimising company compliance in safety as well as minimising the financial and human cost workplace injuries have on businesses and on the injured individual.
Luke’s formal qualifications:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) – The University of Sydney
- Master of Exercise Physiology – The University of Sydney
- Certificate IV in Work, Health and Safety – Pinnacle Safety Training
Luke has completed:
- NSW Workers Compensation Allied Health Practitioner Training – PIEF
- Advanced Leadership & Practical Management Course – The University of Sydney
- Auditing an ISO45001:2018 OHS Management System – SAI Global
- CPR & First Aid Training – My First Aid Training
- Fire Safety Officer Training – ComSafe
Luke is also a:
- Full member of ESSA (Exercise and Sport Science Australia)
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist
- Approved SIRA provider
- Approved Medicare provider
His personal interests include exercise, rugby league and rugby union, water-skiing and wakeboarding, travelling, reading and walking his puppy.