Risk Management for
Managers and Supervisors
RECOVERY PARTNERS: THE SAFETY EXPERTS
Risk Management for Managers and Supervisors
We have worked with many organisations to build sound Safety Management Systems. Our experience shows us that the most critical aspect of any system is the people who aim to implement it. Effective training of your frontline managers and supervisors should be a high priority to ensure that the desired workplace culture of safety awareness, knowledge, and compliance to your Safety Management System is pursued. This course provides managers and supervisors with an understanding of WHS principles and an understanding of techniques for implementing best WHS practices into your workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a management or supervisory position but the course is also very good for workers to understand the same principles and their own obligations.
What will they learn?
This package is a combined theoretical and practical session. Participants will be informed about the increasing regulatory responsibilities of “officers” under the “harmonised” WHS Act 2011 and develop skills in the practical application of risk identification, assessment and hazard control.
On completion of this training participants should be able to:
- Outline work, health and safety (WH&S) legal obligations of PCBU’s, Officers, Workers, and others under the new WHS Act 2011;
- Understand the importance of workplace health and safety consultation;
- Define a hazard and explain what risk means;
- Carry out an effective workplace inspection of the workplace;
- Use documentation to:
– effectively assess the hazards identified following the workplace inspection practical exercise, and
– determine how to eliminate or control the risk.
- Manage risks through the documentation of appropriate recommendations for elimination or control, to ensure the health and safety of all persons in the workplace; and.
- Develop a Safe Operating Procedure (SOP) from a workplace risk assessment.
Each training session will be six hours in duration plus a 30-minute lunch break, set-up and pack-down time.
$1,700.00 ex GST per session at your workplace