Chemicals and Hazardous
Substances Management Training
RECOVERY PARTNERS: THE SAFETY EXPERTS
Chemicals and Hazardous Substances Management Training
The WHS Regulations include specific duties for a person conducting a business or undertaking to manage the risks to health and safety associated with using, handling, generating and storing hazardous chemicals at a workplace.
These duties include:
- Correct labeling of containers,
- Maintaining a register and manifest (where relevant) of hazardous chemicals,
- Identifying the risk of physical or chemical reaction of hazardous chemicals,
- Ensuring that exposure standards are not exceeded,
- Provision of health monitoring to workers,
- Provision of information, training, instruction, and supervision to workers,
- Provision of spill containment system for hazardous chemicals (if necessary),
- Obtaining the current Safety Data Sheet (SDS) from the manufacturer, importer or supplier of the chemical,
- Controlling ignition sources and accumulation of flammable and combustible substances, and
- Preparing an emergency plan if the quantity of a class of hazardous chemicals at a workplace exceeds the manifest quantity for that hazardous chemicals.
Our Safety team can provide consultancy on all these regulatory requirements with chemical management. Our most popular services requested are:
- Risk assess a hazardous chemical and create a Safe Work Method Statement. This is completed as a tutorial with a nominated employee so direction can be continued internally to do the same with other high-risk chemicals over a period of time.
- Conduct a general site hazard identification process and enter all identified hazards (excluding individual chemicals) into a hazard register. Risk assess all identified hazards and create risk control action plans. The hazard register is a live document where you can emulate the processes we begin and continue to use as other hazards are identified over a period of time.
- Chemicals / Hazardous Substances Training Programs specifically developed and delivered to meet your operational needs.
Training is developed to meet your specific needs.
From our blog
How Recovery Partners got Shanes Trees through IMS development and accreditation in just six weeks Background Shanes Trees Professional Arborists are based in the Sutherland
How Recovery Partners helped Stag Electrical develop and implement an IMS in just three months Background Stag Electrical, Solar and Refrigeration is based in Young,
How Recovery Partners helped Isringhausen bring their safety culture and WHSMS up to date and into line with regulations Background Isringhausen (or ISRI Seats Australia)